Saturday, January 14, 2006

Stripping Kasper


I'm going to bed unable to sleep, my brain refusing to switch off. It's this Reconstruction of Kasper Clark thing. Last night I lay awake 'til well after 1am, despite being awake since 4am the previous day. As soon as the light went out I was seeing a film in my head. Similar to the story I already have, but subtly different. Improved. So I was up at 6.30 this morning and stripping away much of the old story to allow me to lay down these new elements. I'm really pushing myself on this.

Other writing news: a story I sold last year, called No Dogs Allowed, is due to be published next month in an anthology called TWISTED CAT TALES. Edited by Esther Schrader, the cover design is by her husband Jack. Recognise it? If you don't, google 'Munch The Scream'.

No comments: