Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Good news about Kasper

The novella I finished in December (having started it the previous December!) has been . . . longlisted, I think.

I had an email today from one of the editors of a forthcoming chapbook entitled 'Butcher Shop Quartet'. They like my story, The Reconstruction of Kasper Clark. Indeed, they like it enough to shortlist it, provided I am willing to address some issues they have. If it was a shorter story I'd roll my sleeves up and get stuck in. But this is a 13500 word story here, and they'd like a revised version by the 25th. That's two weeks. More than enough time to revise what is already there, but probably not enough time to dream up a couple more sequences and neatly segue them into the whole, which maybe what is required. I'm going to do my best. I'd dearly love to get into this book, and I'll kick myself if I get dropped for pure laziness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, if you want any sort of critical feedback then I'd be more than willing to give the story a read-through for you. LOL. :-D

Chris.

Michael Stone said...

Cheers, bud. I might just take you up on that offer after I've redrafted it.