Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Tom-Toms in ma head.

A whole week has gone by without me injuring myself. No rogue lamp posts or errant walls, parked cars or shifting kerbs have conspired to ruin my day. Although I did cut my shin on a chair in Longton library on Saturday morning. Black, steel framed chair on dark carpet, see? Well, I didn't. See, that is. "Oops!" I said while thinking "Bloody bastard!" as one does. My own fault for trying to escape reading to Heather in the children's corner. She always asks me to read the same book: Bumpus Jumpus, Dinosaurumpus!. I mean, you try reading lines like "Tyrannosaurus crashes in, gnashing his jaws. WALLOP! on the ground go his big back claws" without raising your voice. Or "Shake, shake, shudder ... near the sludgy old swamp. Everybody's doing the dinosaur romp!"

I get these drums bangin' in ma head and ma feet start tappin'... I have to go and read a copy of Computeractive! magazine to earth myself.