Tuesday, November 01, 2005

That was toss

Any cheer stored over the weekend fizzled within ten minutes of getting to work this morning. No lights were on in the factory. Well, some were on, but none of them were anywhere near where I needed them to get myself down to the mouldmaking shop. Not as bad as on a previous occasion where I had to stand around like a spare prick at a wedding for twenty minutes until someone chanced by, but bad enough. I used to have a couple of allies who always thought to switch them on just before I clock on but they've both had their hours cut and no longer start earlier than me. It's a minor thing, I suppose, but that is what makes it all the more annoying and disheartening.

Anyway, that's enough of that. I took the British Citizenship test today. You know, that one the government have devised to see whether immigrants are 'British' enough to stay in this septic isle. The questions feature things like the TV license, jury service and emergency numbers . . . Guess what? I failed. Which is slightly perplexing, really.

No comments: