Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year!

I watched 'The Return of the Goodies' last night, and it was uplifting to find myself laughing so hard at my childhood heroes. Especially the classic 'Kitten Kong' and 'Ecky Thump' episodes, the latter being responsible for a viewer actually dying laughing!

The only blight on last night's programme was the abundance of C-List talking heads that pop up to explain why something is good. I don't need some twat analysing why summat is 'a classic moment in comedy history'. Just show me and let me judge for myself, thanks very much.

I for one, think the Beeb are nuts for not repeating these shows.

Anyway, the rest of the Stone tribe are descending upon me this evening to let in the New Year. As we're such sticklers for tradition, Jill is laying on . . . Mexican food.

Eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike

I too watched The Goodies last night. I would dearly love to see 'Goodies Rule OK' again - I haven't seen it since I was 8. The scenes of Zebedee crashing through the roof of Chequers are making me smile even now, as well as Michael Barratt interviewing Prime Minister Sooty. Absolutely priceless.

All the best

John L Probert

Michael Stone said...

Mr Probert! Welcome to my humble domain... For those unaware of this man's talents: JLP writes some of the best dark fiction around. His 'Ophelia' was the highlight of Fusing Horizons #1 and 'A Day in the Life of Self-Pity' (Fusing Horizons #4) is simply the best example of micro fiction commited to paper. It made me want to give up and go home!