Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Back to the writing

Having survived the single-minded attempt to induce a chocolate fuelled diabetic coma, I am back at the computer and writing again.

First off is a quick revision of 'MirrororriM'. This was very well received by my fellow writers in Critters, and I have hopes it will sell one day. It's a comic fantasy piece. Somthing I've had some success with in the past, although markets for humour crop up only rarely.

I have already dumped my next story in the queue at Critters: this is a massive thing called 'The Reconstruction of Kasper Clark'. 13500 words. An absolute bastard to write. I will have to go over it again to make a few changes before it reaches the top of the queue. A lengthy percolation (it's taken a year to complete this first draft) has made me feel very insecure about Kasper Clark. I've grown to mistrust my judgement regarding this individual.

Finally, I've commenced a complete rewrite of an old story called 'Scrodinger's Bug'. I wrote the original way back in Summer 2004, but never really felt that happy with it. But recently I envisaged it in a space colony setting -- rather than a straight horror tale set in suburbia -- and the picture in my head looked a lot more enticing. Alien parasites replacing the Earthbound insects of the original draft.

No comments: