Friday, December 30, 2005

Goodies

Goodies as in... yesterday I spent most of the day revising my novella 'The Reconsruction of Kasper Clark'. This was actually the first time I've read it through from beginning to end and, d'you know what? It ain't bad, though I do say it myself. Certainly a lot better than I thought, anyway. I emailed an editor who is putting together a limited edition chapbook -- called "The Butcher Shop Quartet", which is a brilliant title -- comprising of four horror novellas. I was hoping I had the luxury of getting my story critiqued by my lovely cohorts at critters.org, but Boyd (the editor) tells me that the cut-off point for submissions will be around the 10th of January. Which means relying on my own judgement and submitting it as it is. Hmm.

Goodies as in... My website is up and running and looking quite good. I say "quite good" as the logo and menu bar are very basic and could do with more thought going into them, but hey, the content is mostly there. Go take a look. www.mylefteye.net

Goodies as in... yesterday I got an email from Gary Fry, editor and publisher of "Fusing Horizons" magazine. Issue 5, due last January or thereabouts, is finally out next week. "FH" is not just a good market for writers of dark fantasy, it's a great read too. I've missed it. Especially pleasing for me is that two of my micro fictions will feature in this issue: Models and Tasty. Go here http://www.grayfriarpress.com/fusing/index.html and consider buying a copy. If you're into horror and dark fantasy, you won't be disappointed.

Goodies as in... Tonight, the BBC are having a "Goodies" night. People of a certain age will remember the trio of Tim Brooke-Taylor, Bill Oddie and Grahame Gardener will fondness. Complete anarchy and bloody hilarious. A sort of Monty Python, with storlines, more actual jokes and bigger props. I just hope it lives up to expactations. Always disappointing to watch a favourite from yesteryear and think: "What did I see in this? It's crap!"

No comments: