Sunday, August 14, 2005

Wheel spinning

This morning I'm faced with several choices as to what to do with my day. Heather's bedroom needs another lick of paint on the walls and skirting boards. Our bedroom needs several licks of paint, ceiling , walls and skirting boards. The insulation that me and Jill started putting down in the attic needs finishing off. I've got several stories for the BADASS anthology I'm co-editing with Chris Hall to work on as well as several of my own clamouring for attention. Also I should really be critting a story today to keep my Critter ratio in good standing so I can put another story -- The Devil's Fauna -- through the queue. So much to do I don't feel like doing anything. Having too much to do is almost like having nothing to do. I've got that feeling of "Sod it all" coming on. S'tempting.

What I would really like to do is just spend the day with Jill and Heather, a day with the family. It's been so long since we had a day to ourselves - but that's looking pretty unlikely. Better make a start with something, I suppose. If you've got to eat an elephant, just get on with it, a steak at a time. It will all be done eventually. But I know one thing, this is the last time I do anything like a house extension again. The kitchen extension was a nuisance, the conservatory slightly less so. The bedroom extensions though have been grinding.

No comments: