Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Driving ambition

Jill passed her driving theory test today. 34 out of a possible 35. Pretty darned good. One step closer to independence for this family unit of mine.

Today I got some anti-glare specs from the hospital. I think they are supplied by the RNIB, but I'm not sure. Whatever, they are pretty snazzy. I was expecting some dreadful heavy framed things reminiscent of the 1950s. Instead they are wraparound shades with orange lenses and feature little leather doodahs at the sides -- to block out those horrible stray sunbeams. Things look a bit perculiar through them, but they stop those colours of light that dazzle, while allowing 90% of the light through. Unlike sunglasses which block all colours of light. The result with these lenses is things are still bright but the glare is damped down, although there is some colour migration, if you want to be technical. Like I said, perculiar.

No comments: