Sunday, April 09, 2006

'Soapocryphal' sold

Dred magazine has bought another story of mine.

'Soapocryphal' was first published in Fusing Horizons magazine, May 2004. Dred publisher/editor Bill Hughes admitted that, having already purchased two of my stories and being awash with submissions anyway, he was heavily biased against taking 'Soapocryphal'. . . until he read it. Then he felt he had no choice but to take it. His sub-editor seconded the motion and that was that. I'd scored a hat-trick at Dred!

My fifth reprint too.

4 comments:

Gerard Brennan said...

Once again, well done that man.

gb

Gerard Brennan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael Stone said...

Thanks, Gerard. I seem to have found an editor that likes my work. But I think I 'll call it a day with Dred now. I sent four stories over six months, of which Bill Hughes accepted three. He tells me that the only other writer to get in Dred so often is Steve Burt, who is a Bram Stoker award winner . . . so I'm kinda hoping that this is an omen!

Can't stop us dreaming, eh, GB?

Gerard Brennan said...

If we don't keep dreaming we may as well give up.

:)