Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Kasper critiqued

My novella, novelette, whatever you wanna call it, 'Kasper Clark' has been critiqued no less than four times in its week online at critters.org. I usually get something in the region of 25 critiques, but clearly most folks -- and I'm the same -- see a wordcount over 15000, think Yikes! and move on to find something smaller. Still, I got some feedback and, I'm glad to say, it was overwhelmingly positive. And only three typos in all, which ain't bad going for 16k, although I have Jon Eyers to thank for that as he spotted several before I submitted the final draft to critters.org and the Butcher Shop Quartet. A few suggestions as to how I could change things, but nothing that struck me as pressing. I'm going to sit tight now and see what Boyd and Frank, the editors of BSQ think of it. It's their opinion I really want to hear right now.

No comments: