Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Mix-up

About 8 weeks ago I went to see my GP with a pig of a headache that wouldn't go away. I'd put up with it for about four days then decided to see my doc about it. I mentioned some other flu-like symptoms, such as uncontrollable shivering and aching joints, so he sent me for a blood test, to see if there was any underlying cause, especially as this was the second time this year I've suffered from it. I phoned the surgery about a week later: no results. Tried again after 10 days: no results. I thought 'Sod it'. I figured that if anything was wrong with me they'd call me.

They did, or rather they wrote to me. Would I make an appointment as soon as possible? I did. For today. Monday the 19th at 4.10pm. Went, only told that no, my appointment is for Tuesday the 20th. How I laughed, ho bloody ho . . . along with all the people in the waiting room, who really shouldn't be listening, should they?

So I've another day to wait to see what they found in my blood. What's the betting that when I get to see my GP he'll look at me and ask "Right then, Mr Stone, what can I do for you?" He will, I know he will. And I will be sorely tempted to smite him one upon the nose.

No comments: