Saturday, September 03, 2005

Getting a handle on things

I'm trying to - mentally - push the BASDASS anthology to one side. I'm over the diappointment of a couple of days ago and the whole experience has made me realise I'm getting too wrapped up in it. Chris has introduced me to a great artist http://www.damagitis.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ who might be more to the taste of Dybbuk Press. I don't put this guy in the same league as Player, but some of his work inspires me. Also on the plus side I've just read two submissions from the reliable Messrs. Paul Finch and Ronald Damien Malfi. Chris will have the final say, but I enjoyed them immensely.

But enough of that.

The bedroom was fitted out yesterday. Wardrobes, bedside cabinets, chests of drawers, a plush dressing table for Jill and a wonderful computer workstation for me - all sliding platforms, ingenious cable tidys and cubby-holes. Everything tickety-boo, until I pulled off one of the handles a short while ago! £5k and they skimp on a friggin' screw long enough to hold a handle on properly!! The bedroom people will be getting a phone call.

PS D'you see what I did with the heading? 'Getting a handle on things'. Geddit? Getting a handle on things . . . Oh, please yerself!

No comments: