Sunday, October 09, 2005

Heavy

I haven't felt like updating the blog for a few days. But then, I haven't felt like doing much of owt this week. Hardly written anything, bar a little revision of a couple of stories. Done a bit of gaming, deciding that -- after an hour or so of playing the demo version -- the new FPS game F.E.A.R. isn't for me. Reading The Borribles by Michael de Larrabeiti, but not particularly keen. Listened to an Iain Rankin audio book, 'Broken Hearts' written under the pseudonym Jack Harvey, and found it all pretty lacklustre. Watched the movie 'Paycheck', and a waste of nearly two hours that was. Had a couple of stories rejected; the better kind of rejections, the ones that say they enjoyed the story BUT they don't feel it fits the theme of their book/magazine et ctera . . . . but a rejection is always a blow. Dear, dear. Oh wait, watched 'Sin City' and yep, I thought that was okay; more than okay in fact, it was pretty darned good. And, completely unrelated, but while I'm looking for positive things, Helen and Mark got the keys to their new house, so that's pretty nice; I know Helen's been dead excited waiting for the 'completion date'.

No comments: