Friday, July 22, 2005

A response, but not the one I wanted.

I wanted a response from SHADOWED REALMS and today I got it.

Dear Michael. Thanks for allowing us to read your story A Loop Becomes a Noose. We enjoyed the story and have held on to it hoping we could find a place for it. Unfortunately we only have limited space, and with the quality of submissions we receive, competition is fierce. Therefore, after careful consideration, we regretfully advise we will not be accepting your story for publication.

Your story is clearly of a capable standard--well written with strong sentence structure. I was particularly taken by your father/son dialogue, so well done I could almost hear the accent. In addition, the circular finish of your last paragraph was superb.

Well, although rejection always sucks, that wasn't too painful. I've had a scout around for other pro-paying markets and surprisingly they all define flash as less than 500. Alas 'Loop Becomes a Noose' is 600 and not trimmable.

No comments: